We had seen one issue in EBS R12 in which simple report porgamrs like “Active users” were throwing erorrs like below:
Enter Password: REP-0118: Unable to create a temporary file. REP-0189: Cannot write to Reports Server cache REP-0069: Internal error REP-57054: In-process job terminated:Terminated with error: REP-189: Cannot write to Reports Server cache this is the error in Log file APPLLCSP Environment Variable set to : Current NLS_LANG and NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS Environment Variables are : American_America.UTF8
Remember that Reports Server cache points to $REPORTS_TMP path so issue could have occurred if
- the $REPORTS_TMP path path was not writeable
- the $REPORTS_TMP path was inaccessible
- the $REPORTS_TMP path was Full.
On verification we found that Filesystem was full:
$ df -h /fs01 Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/vx/dsk/dg0071-01/fs01vol 84G 84G 0K 100% /fs01
Clearing up the filesystem helped in correcting the error.
[Post Views: 159]
You can connect with me on LinkedIn.
Latest posts by Brijesh Gogia (see all)
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) – 3 – Concept of Compartments - January 22, 2019
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) – 2 – Console - January 21, 2019
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) – 1 – Fundamentals - January 21, 2019